14th September 2021
If one suffers, we all suffer. If one rejoices, we all rejoice.
1 Corithians 12
Today we pray for our Chaplaincy
Ghaf Tree theme Prayer:
Dear Loving Father,
We thank you for the gift of St Andrews and St Thomas'. For the land we have been gifted by the Sheikhs and the technology available that allows our expat community to nuture our faith and gather as a church family. We thank you for all the ministries that have happened over the years and all who have served in them faithfully. We pray for stability, peace, adaptability and the heart of Christ as we begin a new transition period.
In Jesus' name.
The Body of Christ Theme Prayer:
Thank you for making us one in the body of Christ. We call to mind all sufferings and joys we have experienced as a church this past year. We believe trust in your word (Romans 5: 3-5) which says "we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us."
We also pray especially for the following (hold out your palm):
1) For those with a positive outlook (Thumb): Thank you for their presence in our midst, to be a source of encouragement and reminder that peace comes from relying on you.
2) For our Church leaders (First finger):We pray especially for Revd Christine Trainor as she prepares move. We also pray for Archbishop Michael, Fr Bill, Rev Paul, Rev Gill Rev Rob. May you continue to guide and strengthen them.
3) For all congregations that meet on the church premises and online (Middle finger): That you will reveal yourself to them that they may be encouraged to join regularly.
4) For the suffering (Ring finger): Those suffering from illness and the bereaved. May they experience God's deep healing, comfort and love afresh.
5) For those we have seen in passing and never spoken too in church (little finger): We thank you for their presence. Open our hearts to relate better and to express how valuable and important they are to the church community.
Lastly we pray for ourselves, that you may grant us visions for our lives of witness and ministry. Fill us with renewed joy to love and serve as you have called us to.
We take a moment of silence to lift all other prayers buried in our hearts....
Lord, you said in your word where two or more are gathered there you are in their midst. We lift these prayers believing and trusting in your Word.
In Jesus' name. Amen